Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Lumberjack has a question

TheLumberJack
    TheLumberJack
    Random Monster Encounter
    Random Monster Encounter

Lumberjack has a question Empty Lumberjack has a question

Post  TheLumberJack Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:07 pm

1! why is there gen chat room. what if i have stories to tell about my odd adventure in the outside world? Question
    2! sence this is a rp base... place. why is there no " We're off to Camolot!... never mind Camolot is a silly place..." aka Hey interweb buds Im off to see the world!... So ya... the world is round... did ya know that?. What a Face that is all for now... pale
    Muffin
    Muffin
    Admin
    Admin

Lumberjack has a question Empty Re: Lumberjack has a question

Post  Muffin Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:27 am

The Basket area is the General Chat for all stories of the outside or inside world. Please go share them there Very Happy And as far as the role play you're missing, why not make one? Question
    TheLumberJack
    TheLumberJack
    Random Monster Encounter
    Random Monster Encounter

Post  TheLumberJack Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:24 pm

thats not what i meant, what i meant by my number 2 question was what if im going on vacation? and i won't have a computer with me. so ill be gone for a week or so?
    Rui 瑠伊 Tsuyoi
    Rui 瑠伊 Tsuyoi
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Rui 瑠伊 Tsuyoi Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:12 pm

Well, you can do a public post if you want to hand over control of your characters to another person while you are gone then that's okay : DD Or you can just announce that you will be gone [insert how long here ^^] and request that we will hault the RP's you're in until your return [insert return date here ^^;]

<3 瑠伊
    Waitrios
    Waitrios
    Random Monster Encounter
    Random Monster Encounter

Post  Waitrios Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:26 pm

I checked the entire forum and there doesn't seem to be anything of a basket area, are you sure it's not admin or moderator hidden? (Because a "basket" is usually a term for the default area old threads go to, and that generally admins and moderators can only see, so naturally new free forums come with it and are automatically hidden) I could easily be wrong on that though and am completely misunderstanding something here. The place does feel a little barren... I mean, not trying to promote away from the role-playfulness of the site, but there doesn't seem to be a purely general chat area so members can get to know the members. I'm completely putting aside the idea of crazy spamful posting games, and not talking about a "Video Game Chat Here!" and "Food Chat Here!" area, (those are fun too though) but I'm talking more like, if it's my birthday, can I make a topic about it and were? There seems to be no purely general chat area to help connect the members a little. Here's to hoping I didn't completely hijack your thread Jack, but that's how I interpreted your first question.

Cheers~
    Muffin
    Muffin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Muffin Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:51 pm

Or you could be pointing something we didn't know about out. I will see if Rui or I can fix this problem >.<
    Rui 瑠伊 Tsuyoi
    Rui 瑠伊 Tsuyoi
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Rui 瑠伊 Tsuyoi Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:56 pm

Hai, I'm already working on it right now~

Arigatou for pointing it out >_> *rushes to fix it*

EDIT:

It should be fixed now : ]
    Waitrios
    Waitrios
    Random Monster Encounter
    Random Monster Encounter

Post  Waitrios Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:49 pm

Haha, I thought so, because most forums start off with a "Basket" area that's a admins and moderators only area, and even though you were mentioning the area, I couldn't see it. Good to see this resolved.
    Rui 瑠伊 Tsuyoi
    Rui 瑠伊 Tsuyoi
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Rui 瑠伊 Tsuyoi Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:53 pm

It's no problem at all ^_^ Thanks for bringing it to our attention. It's much appreciated.

<3 瑠伊
    Muffin
    Muffin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Muffin Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:15 pm

Yes, thank you very much for pointing it out Like a Star @ heaven If you ever notice something like that again, or anything else that should really be fixed, please point it out or pm one of us Smile
    Waitrios
    Waitrios
    Random Monster Encounter
    Random Monster Encounter

Post  Waitrios Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:49 pm

Now, another question that rests at mind is, are posting games aloud, and if so, are they being considered for a new section, or would they go into basket? Or are they considered too spammy, and they're trying to be avoided? Is basket used for absolutely everything not of a support question, introduction or role-play, or is the forum still in development? I do hope it doesn't seem like I'm trying to play twenty questions, but here's to hoping it helps out a little, considering these questions can arise in the future. The place is cutesy small, so I can't tell if it's because I'm at the birth of a forum or because a pure role-play environment is trying to be created.

Cheers~
    Muffin
    Muffin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Muffin Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:59 pm

I've always seen those as general chat topics, but I'll ask Rui about it Smile You're entering in to a brand new forum still learning how to walk. We do want a large focus on Role Playing, but we also want an environment where the members can come together and bs essentially.
    Waitrios
    Waitrios
    Random Monster Encounter
    Random Monster Encounter

Post  Waitrios Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:13 pm

I see. Yeah, always good to have just a general off-topic area rather then a million different sections for individual things if they're not expected to get a lot of traffic, no need for a "Food", "Art", "Video Games", "Media", "Debate" and every other section on earth to exist if there's only going to be a couple topics in a blue moon in them, but if they might be popular, it doesn't hurt for it to have it's own section, it really gives the user more to do when not doing a role-play. Just my thoughts, more hoping some opinions and feedback to help out then anything else.

Cheers~
    Muffin
    Muffin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Muffin Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:30 pm

Everything you're saying is helping us greatly (Rui's busy at work in the Admin panel place). Getting this forum on its feet has been a stop and go process, and every question or idea is greatly appreciated. As far as I know right now, we're in the process of dividing the Basket up a little bit more, assigning rank and leveling up pictures, and working out the last of the kinks. What I know for sure is that we are in the middle of an in depth discussion on the semi-finalized layout of each section.
    Waitrios
    Waitrios
    Random Monster Encounter
    Random Monster Encounter

Post  Waitrios Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:10 pm

Good to hear, for a second I thought I was being a big nag. I like the new areas though, it might help things feel more alive even with the member count, and give people more to do, so long as it doesn't overshadow the role-play aspect of the site. (Which I'm sure it won't) I'll throw out my two cents here in there if it actually helps though, but if I ever seem to nag, I'll gladly take a 'shut up' then let that weight on my mind, deal?
    Muffin
    Muffin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Muffin Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:14 pm

Ah see, I would feel nagged if you were telling us to do something, not suggesting different ways of going about finishing the site. Rui and I are quite happy right now because of all of your feedback. I'm working on a place to put a topic for discussions like this. We want to work with everyone to make the site better; that's fairly easy right now, but down the road I think it will be nice if suggestions could have their own place.
    We always want your two cents Smile
    Waitrios
    Waitrios
    Random Monster Encounter
    Random Monster Encounter

Post  Waitrios Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:31 pm

Also a little thing I noticed when I posted a new topic in Tic-Tac-Toe area was that not all of the rules in each area are stickied, and would easily sink to the bottom and get lost if they weren't, only the one posted in "The Real Basket" is stickied to stay at the top. Just pointing it out.
    Muffin
    Muffin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Muffin Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:31 pm

See? I knew I forgot something Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:23 am